Dogs are prone to infection. As a pet owner, you need to keep an eye on your dog’s hygiene. A clean dog will not fall sick often because of infectious disease. Regular bath will keep the dog clean. But you need to know the right way of bathing your dog. Here are some tips for an effective dog bath.
- You need a large bath tub for your dog. You also need a towel, a comb, dog shampoo and some treats for the dog. For a puppy, a large size basket is also okay. Remember all these tools are absolutely must.
- Put a robber mat on the tub floor. Bathtubs can get sleepy. Rubber tub will prevent accidents.
- Use shampoo made for dogs. Human shampoo, even baby shampoo can be harmful for your dog.
- You need to clean dog’s ear separately. During bath time make sure shampoo does not go to dog’s ears or eyes.
- Chemical filled shampoo can make your dog sick. An organic shampoo will be better; you can also ask your vet for suggestions.
- Gently put the shampoo all over your dog’s body.
- Clean the shampoo with a hand shower. You can also use a mug. But hand shower is a more convenient option. You will need to hold the dog in one hand.
- After the shower use a soft towel on your dog. Finish the process by combing the hair.